Becoming a volunteer
We simply couldn’t do it without volunteers!
While previous experience with horses and/or working with people are helpful, no prior experience is necessary.
- All of our volunteers will receive training.
- Orientations and workshops are regularly scheduled.
- Qualified instructors and volunteers are present to offer support and direction so you feel comfortable in your role.
- Please note, must be at least 15 years of age to volunteer.
- Grooming the horses for class.
- Mucking stalls.
- Leading the horse.
- Walking beside the horse (side walking) to provide security for the rider.
There are many positions available
From working with the riders and horses to public relations and fund raising, so if horse leading and side walking isn’t your thing, talk to our volunteer coordinators so your placement is best suited to your interests and skills.
YOU BENEFIT TOO!
While you may volunteer to help others, don’t be surprised if you feel a tremendous sense of achievement and camaraderie yourself! Volunteering is a wonderful way to make like-minded new friends!
For more information on volunteer opportunities, please contact our Volunteer Coordinators:
- Hilary at the Exhibition Grounds Barn (250) 338-1968; email email@example.com
Once we receive your VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM we can schedule you for an orientation. Applicants are required to complete a criminal record check.